Tuesday, July 9, 2013

MARKETING YOUR CATFISH

At the fourth month my fish had attained an average of 1kg and 0.9 kg.. I was so fufilled because of the size and weight of the fishes.. I started contacting buyers and eatries and joints some adviced to sell at that time but I had a time of 5month.. Now, some farmers wait till harvest before they contact buyers and this is wrong because when the time of harvest has elapsed they keep feeding the fish and some may have depleted their money to feed the fished thereby allowing the fish to loose weight..

Some fish buyers " iya eleja" are gold diggers.. They are very smart people that what to reap where they did not sow.. Most fish farmers have fallen prey to there heinous act..

I have had some bad experince with these exploiters.. Years back when they come to buy some of them bring charms (JUJU) along with them.. It sounds rediculous but that's some hidden truth.. There was this particular time I wanted to harvest some fish buyerrs came to my farm(iya eleja) and one of them told me she wanted to pee so I instructed my worker to take her to d toilet but unknowingly she went to do some ritual right there in the toilet when she came out she said she wanted to look at the fish so I took her to the pond.. After I completely drained all the water. They said that they can't buy at the stipulated price again,I had to send them away but to my surprise when I wanted to pump water back to the pond guess what the pumping machine did not pump.. U may think its a coincidence but its not it was perfectly planned by them.. I began sourcing for water and I finally had to call them back.. Guess what as I was selling to them and needed water to add to there big bowls the pumping machine picked up..

I have heard so many stories by fish farmers about this women.. If u want to harvest look out for buyers before that time and check out the buyers in terms of character and composure.. Don't allow any Joystick and harry into your farm all in the name of sale.. Before the buyers come u would have catch a fish as sample to show them and negotiate the price before anytin else... All what am saying may sound strange to some but its one of the hidden truth in catfish business.. Its better to get one good customer than a thousand..

At the fifth month with hard work keeping to details I attained 1kg and above.. The fishes where healthy and strong but it was not easy my brother..
I spent roughly 650,000 on feeding alone.. And I sold all for about 1,800,000.. BOY!!! I was fuffiled and very happy that yes I made it this time around.. So my net profit was roughly 1,000,000 if u subract salary, fuel,drugs et

No comments: